This has been my favourite recipe. It may not contain much ingredients or nutritious or whatever it is, but its too simple to make for a lazy one like me. And thanks to mom for this simple recipe!
It needs very few things like
- 2 onion
- 1 big potato (or 2 small ones)
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- 1/6th tsp turmeric powder
- few black mustard seeds
- 1 or 2 red chillies
- salt to taste
The preparation is also hence very easy.
- Cut the potatoes and slice the onions not too long and not too small. If potatoes are cut into small pieces, they gets cooked comparatively faster.
- Heat oil in a cooking pan and put the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds stops crackling, put the red chillies.
- Saute the onions in the pan now for a while till its golden brown.
- Add the potatoes, the chilli powder and the turmeric powders along with the salt, and mix together.
- Add water to immerse the potatoes and cook till the potatoes are cooked.
- You can garnish with curry leaves [optional].
- Serve hot with rice. Goes best with salad/curd and pickle.
Do try it and please send in your feedback. Awaiting the same! 🙂