While searching for photo projects similar to that of Stranger portraits by Danny, I stumbled across many photo essays from photographers and abroad. Thought of collecting all such informative links, so that it will also be useful to fellow beings searching for similar topics.
Indian Photo essays:
- Aksgar photography magazine with collection of photo essays.
- Photo essays by Neelima Vallangi
- Nishant Ratnakar on how he made the “Fistful of Dreams” project.
- Photo stories from Poonam Parihar
- Maciej Dakowicz aka Magic conducts street photography workshops in India. Check out the photos.
- Photo essays on Bangalore by Aliyeh Rizvi
For further reading:
- Photo essays on news in TIME
- Photo essay samples
- Few general photographic projects which you can add to the Project 52, Photo a week, 50 prime for 50 days, ABC Challenge, and you will never run out of photo project ideas..
- Essay ideas on being asked for school photography project
- Open courseware with videos and articles on detailed digital photography. There are also some sample photo essays and tips.
This would be an ongoing bookmark list, which may grow over time.